We are looking for a combination of proven talent for solving problems and making workflows more efficient through design. Specifically for this position we look for a candidate that can transform complex content creation, management and distribution systems and processes into simplified tools that will be used across the enterprise. The designer should be comfortable engaging directly with users to elicit feedback and knows how to work in a team environment. It’s important to showcase UX solutions with a solid visual interface execution.
The role reports to the Sr. Director of Product Design, and will assist with all efforts that are part of the day-to-day operations of the team.
• Turn concepts/ideas into deliverable products
• Understand and re-conceptualize complex workflows
• Synthesize wide range of user needs into common solutions
• Solicit feedback from product owners and other UX designers throughout the conceptualization and wireframing process.
• Present ideas through wireframes and provide final designs for testing and development
• Design and specify workflows and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including, but not limited to, prototyping and usability testing
• Contribute to the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
• Participate as a partner of an interdisciplinary team that includes designers, product owners, release managers/scrum masters, testers and developers using an Agile development process.
III. Experience and Required Skills:
• Strong portfolio of web (responsive) design that has been shipped to users
• Conceptual thinking
• Ability to understand the needs, motivations and behaviors of many different user personas and translate them into actionable deliverables within an elegant user interface
• Ability to work and problem solve in a collaborative environment
• Passionate about all aspects of user experience, efficient tools and good taste for clean and functional interfaces
• Any experience in the media industry (TV and Mobile video players, video channels, streaming video…) is a plus
• Proactive, a self-starter who brings original ideas and fresh approaches to each project you're working on
• Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts
• Be able to clearly articulate your design decisions