The designer will be responsible for translating game features to web for desktop and mobile, as well as helping design the visual refresh of the our client's gaming site – including both the user flows and the UI. They will partner with the Web product owner, Web Producer and Lead Developer and contribute to the scoping and planning of each milestone.
Our ideal candidate should have an understanding of user experience design in theory and execution, as well as have experience creating user interface design. The candidate possesses strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills. They will present their designs and explain their thought process to the Web Team and Key Stakeholders, and will be able to iterate based on feedback.
They must demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a small team with external stakeholders. They will have been through a full game or development cycle (from pre-production through launch).
Applicant should be self-motivated with the ability to take direction from a Product Owner and Lead Artist, but also work well under engineering and time constraints.
• 5+ years experience designing user experiences
• Able to communicate effectively with designers, artists, programmers and producers
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Experience prototyping in Axure, AbodeXD or similar
• Experience with Web and Mobile UX, including Accessibility compliance
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator
• Quality art portfolio
• BSc degree or equivalent experience/education
• Game industry experience a must
• CSS and HTML5 experience a plus
• Self-starter who works well with a team.
• Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Dynamic problem solver.
• Passion for playing video games.