3-Month Onsite Contract located at Queen St East and Carlaw.
Our client is a high-growth and profitable technology company focused on financial media. We are currently looking for a Contract Senior User Experience & Interface Designer who can help us with our goal of becoming the leading source of web-based content & tools for sophisticated investors.
Note: This is a 3 month contract with the potential to go full time for the right candidate
The User Experience & Interface Designer will be the driving force behind making our products more useful, delightful, and valuable to our rapidly growing user base. Your work will reach millions of engaged users across multiple web properties and channels. You’ll have quick access to real-world usage, and our data science team will help you gain insight to inform the next round of design iterations. Success in this role requires a strong eye for aesthetics, and understanding of how design drives business value, and a strong desire to work in quick iterations.
Drive the design process and decisions in coordination with the rest of the team
Work with our product team to identify opportunities where design improvement can create business value
Combine both quantitative (metrics) and qualitative (user feedback) data to evolve designs that meet business objectives
Use wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and other methods to communicate your design concepts with the team
Ensure a seamless user experience across multiple channels (web, mobile, email)
- Conduct occasional user research, interviews, and develop user personas
- Design beautiful modern websites that engage and educate their audience.
BA/BS degree or equivalent
Excellent communicator - able to clearly articulate a design’s strengths & weaknesses
Excellent listener with a knack for asking good questions
Expertise in all areas of UX, UI, interaction design, and information architecture
Deep understanding of web behaviors and trends
Driven by rapid iteration and releasing continuous improvements
Able to rationalize and defend design choices, but willing to adapt based on real-world usage
Some knowledge of consumer & behavioral psychology (cognition, motivation, etc)
Comfortable with graphic design & aesthetics (typography, color, white space, alignment, etc).
- Expertise with design software (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
Why you should join our Team…
- Competitive salaries, upward mobility and an opportunity to grow professionally with our company
- Transportation allowance to/from work
- A beautiful loft work space
- Competitive health & wellness benefits
- We are a focused, hungry team of professionals who share the same vision and desire for success
- Collaborative work environment built on respect, openness and intellectual honesty
Only candidates with an online portfolio with strong web design will be considered for this opportunity.