A company putting the customer at the heart of their thinking, delivering solutions that maximise customer value and delight prospects. They're a leader in Australia with regards to Customer Experience and now they're looking for a UX/UI Designer to join the team.
Who you are
You are a digital native, passionate about building great experiences and you use customer insights to inform your design decisions. You get involved with the culture and people you work with. You are ambitious on progressing your career and willing to step up onto a senior role. You are approachable, helpful, comfortable sharing your knowledge with the wider team and mentoring younger designers.
Collaboration is key. You will work together with the Head of UX, Head of Technology, Design Lead, Creative, Production and Client Services to ensure that your work fulfils the briefs and delivers a delightful customer experience. Ensuring overall quality, creativity and brand integrity is critical.
You lead complex UX/UI design projects from concept to development. Having a strong work ethic, being passionate, creative, receptive to feedback, effective in managing your time and having a brilliant attention to detail is essential. You approach your work with commercial, client and customer needs in mind.
- 4+ years of experience within agencies working as a digital designer, UX designer, interaction designer or similar title.
- Qualification in design or related field.
- A deep understanding of UX/UI design methodologies, patterns and best practices.
- A strong understanding of front-end development.
- A good understanding of Digital marketing.
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite, UX/UI applications & MS products.
- Proficient in prototyping and wireframing.
- Producing IA, annotated wireframes, visual design and collaborating with developers on, webpages, apps, CRM campaigns, integrated campaigns and other digital collateral.
- Working with the design lead to develop interface specifications, brand guidelines and functionality documents.
- Quality assurance and feedback on design and development output.
- Presenting design work internally, with ability to document and explain design rationale with clarity.
- Keep up to date and be well-informed on UI/UX best practices, as well as industry trends, new technology and web standards.
- Be a supporter, advisor and collaborator to the technology and creative team’s processes, being called upon to both enhance the design and satisfy functional requirements.
- Effectively interpret briefs across a wide variety of digital projects. Have the ability to strengthen design briefs and ‘push back’ where necessary.
- Work with Design Lead and production to ensure hours are being quoted appropriately.
- Work within deadlines and meet production and client expectations. This means planning the job ahead, communicating in good time what is needed and what’s achievable.
- Ensure all work is up to date, organised and easily accessible, in adherence to existing filing systems.
- Experience leading and being a key decision-maker on UX/UI design projects.
- Sharing your knowledge, research and techniques with other members of the team
- Able to clearly rationalize changes and articulate decisions in both writing and in-person through supporting research, testing data and best practice heuristics.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the technology, creative, production and client service teams.
- Being ready to work with and alongside internal stakeholders.
- Be pro-active in the identification of design production improvements (process optimisation, efficiencies) to benefit the the companies' customers.
If you would be interested in applying for the role then please send across your portfolio and CV to Scott: firstname.lastname@example.org