UX Designer / Developer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Our client is looking for an experienced Designer to join our Design Team. You will be tasked with translating strategies, moods, messages, and concepts into high-quality websites, web apps and marketing materials that persuasively convey the value of their evolving array of in-house products and client projects. While you may work in print and other media, most of your work will be web, and you will be responsible for both designing and building the web frontends (HTML/CSS) of your projects.
About Us: Our client takes a design-first approach, which means the Design Team heavily influences decision-making in many aspect of our projects, from helping our clients think critically about the problems they're trying to address, to solving these problems through clean and sophisticated design. Our team brings together a wide range of skills, but our core mission is solving real-life problems that serve the public. Our work solves challenging geospatial problems that have a big social impact: building a better a transit planning tool for the World Bank; designing a sleek mobile app to make finding voting information easier; and making climate change data more useful to local decision-makers.
What you'll do:
● Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, engineering and business development for our products and clients projects.
● Create, document, and maintain brand guidelines and hold them at the forefront of your visual treatments.
● Build captivating websites/ web apps that engage and excite users using modern design and thoughtful HTML, CSS and JS.
● Have strong opinions when contributing ideas and participating in discussions, and excited to evaluate critique, self-improve and move forward quickly.
● Design experiences that span both web and print. You might even branch out and create some t-shirts.
● Most importantly, you will be given the opportunity to grow and expand upon your UX design proficiency.
Bonus points for:
● Marketing/advertising/branding/illustration expertise
● Proficiency with GitHub What you can expect:
● A company culture that emphasizes a healthy work-life balance, including flexible work schedule, parental leave, the occasional happy hour, Sixers and Phillies games, and board game night
● Regularly hosted events in our meet-up space with an emphasis on building the design community
● A brightly lit Philadelphia office close to public transit and Reading Terminal Market (plus we reimburse bike and public transportation costs)
● A MacBook Pro with two widescreen, high-definition monitors, plus whatever accessories you want or need
We offer a salary commensurate with skills and experience and a benefits package that includes:
● Fully subsidized health care, dental, prescription plan, including for spouse/partner and children
● Fully subsidized life and long term disability insurance, plus voluntary short term disability insurance
● Medical reimbursement plan to cover what the health insurance does not
● Retirement plan with matching percentage
● Almost 4 weeks paid vacation plus sick/personal time off
● Family and medical leave
● Flexible work schedule
● Paid maternity and paternity leave
● Child care subsidy
● Paid time off for voting and volunteering
● Education assistance plan
● Student loan assistance
● Public transit and biking reimbursement plans
● Monthly lunches on the house
● 10% time for Research or Training Projects
● Profit-sharing bonus plan
● Financial transparency through an open book policy
● Supremely awesome colleagues