Our top entertainment and education client is seeking an interactive designer with a solid UX background for new products and platforms created in conjunction with their corporate education partnerships team. This position will be for 6 months, with potential to extend for the right person. It offers W2 pay and full benefits including generous health insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, and a 401k.
A keen aesthetic and passion for design, blended with user-centered methodology, is critical for ensuring successful experiences for teachers and students. The ideal candidate has a track record of producing engaging design solutions for web, mobile, and multimedia projects from concept through launch. They're pros at using the latest technology to engross audiences with beautiful, memorable, and easy-to-navigate online experiences. They relish brand consistency and equally enjoy digging into rapid prototyping, detailed requirements and specifications.
• Develop the overall creative look and feel of the user interface for web and mobile education services and applications.
• Create user experience workflow design, screen design, screen layout and wireframing.
• Develop rapid prototypes of designs and animated elements as proof of concepts.
• Comfortable pivoting from prototypes to front-end development with robust HTML and CSS.
• Produce brand standards, style guides and design element library.
• Handle some graphic production and craft graphic elements, assets, and visual treatments that adapt and flow with responsive design systems.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external clients to deliver high quality visual designs, taking the designs from concept to execution across different devices and media.
• Maintain a working knowledge of accessibility issues and create visual solutions that pass WCAG Level AA
• Create layouts in appropriate software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.).
• Determine the iconography, typography and color and system of visual affordances that work cross platform and device.
• Present design solutions in context of overall brand solution to internal stakeholders.
• Work collaboratively with team members from curriculum, editorial, assessment, design and technology.
• Manage and develop a consistent design language for the look and feel of a portfolio of products.
• Collaboration, communication and presentation skills
• Problem solving and organizational skills
• Presentation and consensus building skills
• Front-end development following current standards and is in valid semantic markup
Track Record of Creating:
• Cross-platform designs, utilizing common mobile-first design patterns
• Effective visual affordances including animated transitions to guide customers through tasks
• Creating cohesive organization systems
• Appealing and cohesive design systems (layout, typography, color, iconography, photography) across multiple interfaces (data, gaming, information, etc.)
• Current web standards and accessibilities guidelines and practices
• Developing mood boards and competitive analysis visual element sheets
• Designing for children as well as adults
• Dynamic content management, data-base driven mobile-first pages
• Ideal candidate will either have BFA in Design or related design degree and will be passionate about keeping up to date with trends, best practices, digital advancements and competitors.
• Experience with the Agile/Lean product development process is a plus.
• Adobe Creative Suite
• InVision, Axure, Just in Mind, Balsamic or other interactive prototyping software
• Microsoft Office Suite, Google docs or other document, presentation, spreadsheet software
• 10+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: interaction design, user interface design, web design, visual/graphic design. Online work portfolio is required, with an emphasis on elegant, cohesive design systems.
• Provide at least recently completed three samples of implemented online work/portfolio. Be prepared to speak about the processes you used to develop these sites and your specific role in the development of each site.
• One sample should be something that you personally find interesting or elegant and the other should be something that pushed you to your limits in some way.