TITLE: UX/Service Designer
SALARY: £45 - £55k+ benefits
START DATE: May 2014
PLACEMENT: 12 month fixed term contract
We are looking for an experienced UX / Service Designer to join our client, an iconic global engineering and electronics company. The role will be working within a Design Team based in Maidenhead and supporting remote offices around London and Manchester. This role is offered as a 12 month fixed term contract, with an salary of £45 - £55k + benefits.
The chosen candidate will be joining a team focused on the Medical sector, responsible for providing the most advanced products, services and systems to the medical and healthcare profession. From electron microscopes and state-of-the-art laboratory equipment to CT scanners and ultra sound platforms, they lead the way in medical diagnosis.
You will be responsible to investigate user requirements in the medical field, the exploration and documentation of details, e.g. personae and scenarios, storyboards, comparative design models, wireframes and the user-testing. You will utilise your creative expert skills to investigate existing service solution/ situation and report the findings in a structured approach to the development team. Provide a vision to improve the situation analysed by content/storytelling leading to a service strategy towards a functioning service experience, which will be implemented as a web and or mobile application solution. Essential is a pro-active role in the design sessions and throughout the projects within the company and at customer site.
THE CANDIDATE WILL:
· Liaise with customers to execute a service investigation in UK – travel will be required to Central London and Manchester offices.
· Plan and execution the field research sessions at client side to explore needs with regards to workflow, service requirements and identify improvements (communication, interaction, web, mobile, phone etc.)
· Perform UX evaluations and recommend improvements around customers service experience related to user interfaces.
· Make proposals for service improvement or new service realisations supported by visual design and service/user interaction proposals
· Collaborate with local designer partially experienced in service design, as well with international colleagues from EU and Japan.
· Take initiative, plan projects and accurately report progress monitoring risks and issues within own area.
· Maintain a current knowledge of relevant UX and service design developments and actively share knowledge.
· Liaise with developers to ensure an appropriate implementation of the design.
· Previous experience as a UX/service Designer (3 years) in the medical field.
· Provide a portfolio of design work – services and solutions
· Strong skill in visual/graphic design, to communicate requirements and findings in the context of service experience flow, system usability and accessibility
· The ability to turn concepts into design of highly intuitive web applications
· Able to provide wireframe design of web applications
· Proven Web/ mobile GUI design skills
· Experience in conducting user observations, usability and accessibility assessments
· A good understanding of user centred design approach and related methodologies
· A sound awareness of the business and project constraints as they apply to UX/ service design
· To be capable of understanding customer/stakeholder requirements and user needs, producing deliverables that reflect that understanding
· To be creative in solving design problems
· Ready to travel frequently
· Able to speak one foreign language
An iconic Japan multinational engineering and electronics conglomerate company based in the UK in Maidenhead. Their Medical sector offers the most advanced products, services and systems to the medical and healthcare profession. From electron microscopes and state-of-the-art laboratory equipment to CT scanners and ultra sound platforms, they lead the way in medical diagnosis.
If you are interested in the role, please apply ASAP with your CV and portfolio showcasing your work.
Your portfolio or case studies will ideally showcase the full life cycle of your projects, including thought process, UX deliverables and methodologies, with your input and project results clearly displayed.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
TITLE: UX/Service Designer