Our client, an oilfield services company in North Houston, is looking for a UX/Interaction Designer who will be primarily responsible for creating navigation structures and information designs, as well as constructing prototypes, storyboards, and mock-ups to effectively communicate designs to product management and development. The interaction design role depends greatly on developing user-centered design research and usability testing to guide their designs and following a design with usability testing to validate it. The research includes identification of user needs and goals, as well as task and workflow modeling. The usability testing includes rapid iterative usability testing and more in-depth validation and summative testing. The candidate will possess the ability to create visual designs for desktop software and potentially transactional Web sites.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Assist product management and feature teams in defining functional interaction requirements specifications.
• Develop mockup / prototype interaction designs, including user interaction models, information architecture, wire frames and screen flows.
• Conduct rapid iterative usability testing of wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
• Translate research findings into design alterations to quickly improve product designs early in the design cycle.
• Perform validation usability testing to determine whether features and products have met business and usability objectives.
• Perform data analysis of research findings and synthesize actionable recommendations