CALLING ALL UX PRODUCT DESIGNERS! Our ‘best-in-class’ enterprise investment client is looking for a talented freelance UX Product Designer to join their innovative “Science Team” whose goal is to be the center of innovation and a catalyst for change. This role is onsite, NYC, 40 hours a week, 4 months with opportunity to extend, healthcare, paid sick-time, and other benefits are included in the freelance employment package.
This “Science Team” consists of 15 members (Visual Designers, UX Architects, Front End Devs, Analysts) and the healthy pipeline of work has resulted in the need to hire additional UX Product Designer. This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to enjoy state-of-the-art creative design, and grow in the field of “AI-first” product development; along the way this role will contribute to game-changing products for the multi-trillion-dollar insurance industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to enjoy state-of-the-art research and development, be challenged and grow as a designer and innovation leader. Along the way, you will contribute to game-changing products for the insurance industry.
- So, what is this project all about? This new investment product is being designed for the smart, savvy investor. In simple terms, up to the minute news content and investment information will be pulled from trusted news sources to help predict the best place to place investments.
- As this client looks to redefine the Insurance market internally and externally through technology, user-centred design and customer experiences, they need to expand their team to include a UX Product Designer to help create visual experiences.
What You Will Do and Need:
- Collaboration with Visual Designer, Front End Developers, Product and Tech teams for solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Take ownership of the team’s solution design, and rapid prototyping for a variety of platforms / devices and use cases.
- Day-to-day tasks will consist of creating visually engaging, innovative and functional mobile and Web products. There will also be the need to design presentation materials and collateral to market our offerings.
- Strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeping up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources.
- End-to-end understanding of applications being created, and helping design elegant, efficient, intuitive, and delightful products. In addition to strong conceptual design skills, success in this role requires the ability to articulate design strategy to stakeholders and cross-functional partners, with clear concepts and clean execution.
- Strong conceptual thinking while being strategically grounded; demonstrated success conceiving and conducting user research, surveys and interviews, experience creating designs and interfaces in line with current UX best practices
- Experience being part of a software development team, accustomed to Agile working methods based on fast iteration and validation cycles, ability to communicate design concepts/ decisions in a convincing and clear way.
- Experience in web/mobile design and development (iOIS, Android), creation of style guides for use by others, familiarity with tools for creation of animation for web.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com