If you are a UX manager, designer, researcher, information architect, interaction designer, ui designer, visual designer, or usability specialist, looking for contract or temporary to permanent work now is the time to connect with us. If you have been working with other staffing agencies, or trying to find work on your own, give Aquent a try. No other agency can match our deep, practical understanding of UX or our portfolio of clients, including: online retailers, online businesses, software and IT firms, and interactive agencies.
Aquent, the industry’s largest design and marketing staffing firm, has been helping marketing and creative professionals find the rewarding assignments they want for over 20 years. For much of this time, Aquent has also been very successful finding user experience professionals work and helping client utilize user experience talent to realize strategic innovation, generate business value, strengthen customer relationships, and create competitive advantage across all of their digital touch points.
To better serve our talent and clients we have formed a new User Experience Practice, a recruiting team made up of UX professionals and dedicated 110% to the UX profession. Our team includes a former information architect, manager and strategist of UX, an interaction design expert, as well as former UX director. No other agency can match our deep, practical understanding of user experience design, and no one is better suited to understanding and marketing your unique skills and experience.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
* Degrees in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or related field preferred (a combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree).
* A minimum of 3 years experience working in the field of User Experience (occupying roles such as UX Designer, IA, Interaction Designer, User Researcher, etc…)
* A strong portfolio of work - We are looking for high-fidelity annotated wireframes, user flows, site maps, and prototypes for high-visibility projects. Kudos to online portfolios, but PDF’s are also accepted. This is a firm requirement. The more well-rounded your portfolio to show a project from concept to completion that helps to identify UX thought process is highly regarded.
* Work that supports strengths in application development and customer facing websites. B2C and B2B. E-commerce, financial application and mobile experience highly regarded.
* Experience participating in all aspects of the UCD process from user research to visual design and everything in between.
* Ability to ask appropriate questions, communicate effectively and persuasively convey design solutions to a broad range of stakeholders: product managers, engineers, customers, etc.
* Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks; comfortable with tight deadlines.
* Proficiency with Visio, Omnigraffle, Axure, iRise, UserZoom, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Flash.
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
* Familiarity with Ajax interactions/patterns
* Familiarity with error handling patterns, and impairment issues
* Familiarity with presentation layer code and application layer design
* Familiarity with user research/usability testing
* A strong team player
* Flexibility If you have worked at ease in a deadline-driven, mission-critical environment, keeping your head while others around you lost theirs, we want to meet you. In addition to the requirements outlined above, you must have live URLs, screenshots, and/or a portfolio site to be considered.
Working through Aquent offers Freelancers a whole host of advantages to working alone, such as:
• the opportunity to work with some of the largest and most well respected companies
• no more chasing up your next job, we can find it for you
• forget the hassle of invoicing and following up on invoices past due; as an Aquent employee you will be paid on a weekly basis directly into your bank account
• Extended medical and dental benefits after you have worked with or clients for 1 continuous month
• Access to online training modules to improve or expand your software skills When you work through Aquent, you can pursue a flexible work schedule, project diversity, or the field experience you’re looking for without sacrificing the stability of a permanent job.
Working Aquent talent enjoy the following benefits:
* Medical Insurance. Access to comprehensive PPO and HMO plans, with dental and vision insurance
* Long-term disability
* Flexible spending accounts
* 529 college savings plan
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs