• Participates in product design by gathering and studying information about users’ behaviors, attitudes and emotions.
• Able to handle smaller project/initiatives with minimal supervision.
• Monitors aspects of the user experience and makes recommendations for solutions as needed to satisfy user/business requirements.
•Works on a dynamic team throughout all stages of the digital product cycle.
•Ensures web properties comply with branding guidelines, industry standards and best practices for usability design and HCI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs user experience and interactions for wm.com, other WM web properties, email communications and internal applications.
• Creates wireframes, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction, design ideas, and UX deliverables.
• Conducts usability evaluation and testing.
• Creates, maintains and shares project documentation and UX guidelines.
• Provides support for large-scale design initiatives.
• Analyzes data from multiple sources and synthesizes it in order to develop efficient user experiences.
• Develops competitive assessments.
• Performs site heuristic reviews and work flow analysis.
• Helps to define, request and incorporate relevant and recent UX research and data from customer feedback to appropriately inform design decisions.
• Defines UX performance metrics (error rate, abandon rate, average number of clicks, perceived easiness, etc.) for every project to track its success.
Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Information Design, Interface design, Human-Computer Interaction or similar area of study. Minimum of three years of related experience. Four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of requirements documentation, site maps, wireframes, prototypes, functional specifications and style standards.
• Understanding of current web technologies and core web graphics formats.
• Understanding of user-centered design principles.
• Creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work as a team player and interact with other technical teams.
• User research and analysis.
• Usability audits and testing.
• Interaction Design.
• Information Architecture.
• Visual design and branding
May require intermediate skills in one or more of the following:
• Mastery of web design principles, information design, typography, color, and layout for web sites, application and mobile devices
• Project Management experience.
• Content management systems.
• Analytics including Omniture, Google and Clicktale
• Search Engine Optimization and Marketing best practices
• Presentation design
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs