As a User Experience writer, you are an advocate for design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touchpoints. As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience.
You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices, and are an expert in your product. You provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
You know great writing makes for great design, and you're always considering context — desktop or mobile, email or notification, written or spoken. Your portfolio shows skill in tailoring messages to work in certain spaces, styles, and systems.
1. Write clear, concise user-interface text for products. Act as a subject matter expert (a company “go to”) for user experience writing.
2. Drive a vision for product content across all product content for a given domain. Ensure tactical execution to drive cohesive product narratives across all digital touch points within the product (and work with marketing and operations on touch points outside the product).
3. Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to define requirements. Manage projects and stakeholders.
- Develop concepts for early stage products. Provide data-informed insights to improve existing experiences.
- Help coordinate translations, improve writing tools and processes, format documents, and generally lend a hand as needed to produce world-class software and hardware products.
- Perform at a high level with minimal guidance.
- Make decisions based on credible metrics and communicate according to well-reasoned analysis.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience such as technical or marketing writing, product documentation or online publishing.
- Experience working with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
Nice to haves:
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including experience with consumer-focused writing for computing platforms.
- Knowledge of online technology and related technology and products.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Enjoys working closely with teammates from a variety of disciplines.
- Superb writing, editing, and project management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and drive work independently to find the right balance between process and flexibility.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs