The UX Visual Designer is responsible for visual design of screens and layouts for company web sites and products, for creating templates and themes for new company products, as well as design of user interfaces for new features of applications, and improvements to existing features.
This UX Visual Designer will enhance web user satisfaction by improving usability, ease of use and desirability of the interaction between the user and the product.
Description of Job Duties:
- Designs, implements, and manages web-based applications, databases, and interfaces from initial design and architecture through development, test, and deployment
- Works with clients to understand the end user expected experience and outcome
- Implements and maintains content management systems
- Develops and deploys upgrade / migration plans for content management systems
- Performs web platform analytics; identifies and works in collaboration with departments and units to resolve strategic and university-wide problems
- Evaluates and implements new programming languages and technologies
- Provides life-cycle management for software and code
- Designs and documents data structures, architecture, and process flows for websites, web-based applications, and databases
- Researches, evaluates, and enforces web standards for usability and accessibility
- Facilitates vendor relationships
- Performs all other duties as assigned
minimum of 3 years of related experience.
· Strong design portfolio.
· Proven ability to translate functional and stakeholder requirements into design solutions.
· Solid understanding of typographic best practices.
· Understanding of mobile-first and responsive design strategies.
· Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch.
Experience in medium fidelity prototyping, using Axure, Invision, etc.
· Experience in use of pattern libraries.
· Strong written communication skills.
Bachelors or Associate’s degree in design, art, user experience, or related degree