User Experience Designer
This would initally be a contract role throughout the year with a stron change of going perm. This opportunity will be on going contract work with benefits
The User Experience Designer will report to the UX Manager and will work with a multi-discipline team including strategists, researchers, UX designers, and visual designers. This critical role will play a key part in defining, shaping and crafting solutions by delivering outstanding user-centered designs in support of web and mobile experiences.
• Ability to quickly capture and assimilate business domain knowledge; be responsible for identifying and translating business requirements and user needs into innovative solutions that are engaging, valuable and usable.
• Distill goals, constraints and risks into well thought-out plans. Prioritize tasks, manage expectations, mitigate risks and offer creative approaches to achieving design solutions even in the context of challenging constraints.
• Create project briefs, presentations, user flows, site maps, taxonomies, wireframes and other necessary documentation to communicate the recommended user experience to internal stakeholders.
• Collect and synthesize information from a variety of sources to create informed decisions and design recommendations. Collaborate on user research and usability studies to understand customer behavior, refine design approaches, and validate solutions.
• Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design, and refine user experiences within specified product requirements and deadlines. Create actions plans to quickly improve web solutions.
• Strategize with the UX team and product managers to take action on research findings. Assist in documenting requirements and functional specifications.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers, business owners and subject matter experts.
• Promote user-centered design and help establish robust research and design processes.
Requirements: • 3-7+ years experience in user interface design, information architecture, interaction design, human factors, and other related UX disciplines.
• BS/BA degree in design, technology, psychology, human factors or HCI is preferred.
• Experience with complex e-commerce businesses, must have a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: wireframes, user flows, site maps, research, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment. Ability to define and lead strategic and complex transactional interfaces.
• Ability to employ pragmatic and effective approaches to UX. Keen understanding of usability principles, web standards, UI patterns and their application. Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
• Proven ability to diplomatically advocate for the user, communicate informed design rational and value, as well as manage related expectations, culture and process changes.
• Effective cross-function collaboration skills. Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills. Some project management (work plans), level of effort estimation, deliverable quality assurance skills required.
• Experience with all stages of the software development lifecycle in both traditional and agile environments.
Preferred: Experience using Axure, Zeplin