Senior Experience Analyst
The Senior Experience Analyst leads requirements gathering and analysis activities, including functional design and all client-based needs definition and verification activities for web-based systems. Sr. EAs are the interface between the client’s business needs and our development team. They are our client’s expert and champion on how the system should work, keeping an eye on what is being developed and ensuring that it is on target and easy to use by the targeted end users. Responsibilities include managing requirements gathering efforts and documentation, testing quality assurance activities, and mentoring junior staff.
Sr. EAs will be involved in the entire project lifecycle, from client pitches and proposals, to User Acceptance Testing and managing post-launch requirements and testing. Sr. EAs are expected to become experts in how our tools work and know what sorts of user experience models work best within our toolset. Work includes classic business analyst activities such as writing functional specifications; documenting quality assurance artifacts; mapping data relationships and defining process flows; and wireframes, screenflows, and other visual design artifacts. What distinguishes our role from classic analyst concerns is that the Sr. EA is must also keep an eye on the aesthetic beauty, elegance, and overall quality of the solutions being produced by the project team to meet the client's goals. This qualitative view of the role calls upon the Sr. EA to be able to engender trust and respect with clients and the broader team based on their competence with tools and processes to serve the client's vision. The proven ability mentor and coach others in these qualitative tasks and specific skills is required.
Sr. EAs join a project at conception and see it through to completion, but may be called upon to pitch in on another project when needed and are expected to be multi-disciplined and multi-talented. While a full suite of project management skills are not required, Sr. EAs are expected to be aware of the timeline and budget and to assist Project Managers in project execution. In addition, while technical knowledge is not required, EAs are expected to work with the Development team, lead by Software Architects and/or Senior Developers, to help them develop the technical approach and design for the system, using their experience to help identify risks and shakedown a technical approach through collaboration.
Sr. EAs examine our methodology, artifacts, and processes with an eye towards improving them, and rooting out inefficiencies, not just for our clients, but for our company as well. As part of the leadership role, Sr. EAs are expected to delegate work to others and review for accuracy while providing meaningful feedback. They are expected to go above and beyond what a client is asking for and provide insights and suggestions as appropriate.
• Develop and frame requirements through client discussions, user interviews and ongoing communications.
• Conceive of creative information architecture and user experiences using best practices.
• Compose web-based user interfaces with wireframing and other visually demonstrative techniques.
• Document, via annotations or other artifact clarifications, how any given functionality will work.
• Create functional and technical documentation within company standards and best practices.
• Perfect artifacts, tools, templates and approaches to work throughout the project life cycle.
• Work with technical architects and developers to inform the functional designs of web systems.
• Mentor junior staff members and lead by example.
• Help evaluate and improve our internal processes to improve our ability to deliver for our clients.
• Fully understand the solution framework and ensure that a conceptual approach is feasible prior to presenting to the client.
• Write and execute functional test scripts, create test plans, and document results.
• Be held accountable for the delivery and quality of the systems you build with your team.
• Use information gained through market and technology research to improve solutions and suggest enhancements pro-actively.
• Prepare and deliver end-user and technical documentation.
• Provide solution-specific training and mentoring to clients.
• Document processes and techniques for re-use on other projects.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Must possess at least 5 years of software project experience.
• Must possess at least 3 years of experience with business analyst responsibilities.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and concepts of web-based software development.
• Experience conveying system design and project domain concepts through modeling techniques (e.g., UML).
• Understanding of content management systems (CMS), such as Drupal.
• Understanding of basic and some advanced Internet technologies.
• Understanding and personal experience with social media and other current online trends.
• Experience illustrating information architecture and user interface mechanisms to facilitate client understanding.
• Experience developing requirements, use cases, user stories, etc..
• Knowledge of life cycle processes, to include planning, analysis, design, development, testing, etc..
• Willingness and attitude to help customers find workable and pragmatic solutions.
• Intellectual curiosity with an interest in learning new technologies and practices.
• Superb verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, specifically planning design tasks and communicating and helping guide the team through those tasks, e.g., processes or deliverables
• Ability to take a leadership role on projects and teams, including delegating tasks and collaborating with team members with other skillets.
• Ability to manage time across a variety of tasks and projects.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban.
• Experience managing customer expectations and facilitating client interaction.
• Development and harvesting of business rules, leading to the design of applications.
• Experience leading and facilitating training sessions.
• Experience providing direct customer support and assistance.
• Understanding or experience with online publishing, open government, or community-based systems and business practices.
• Knowledge of web-based solutions including data driven websites, portals, web services, content management systems (CMS), contact relationship management (CRM), e-commerce (EC), membership management and online community solutions.
• Experience delegating to other team members and working in large teams, including delegating from others, is a strong plus.
• IT development and/or a consulting background.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Experience Analyst