Large Satellite & Online Radio brand is seeking a UX Researcher/UAT Analyst to join their Product Development Team. This is a temporary role slated to go through the end of the year, but could extend.
The UX Researcher/Usability Testing Lead will report to the Program Manager of UX/Design and will collaborate closely with the Sr. User Experience Lead & overall Design and Product team to best support and execute the various user testing needs of the User Experience and Project Management Groups. This position will utilize usability tools and research methods to provide actionable insights that drive future design improvements. This includes but is not limited to: developing usability test plans and scripts, conducting various test types (A/B, Qualitative/Quantitative, etc.) test analysis/synthesis and reporting of results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Program & Product Managers, User Experience Group team members, and various product stakeholders to efficiently develop end-to-end test plans that are consistent with business goals and objectives.
- Plan, moderate and architect focus groups, remote and one-on-one usability sessions to obtain user preferences and feedback.
- Document results in a clear and detailed manner, for both UX and Product teams, as well as executive-level summaries consumption.
- Present findings and recommendations in a plan that drives future product/UX improvements.
- Proactively identify new opportunities that will offer actionable learning.
- Generate wireframes and prototypes as needed.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of different research methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Experience with an extensive variety of Usability research tools and methods and involvement in running a variety of tests.
- Experience in spear-heading or involvement in the establishment of ground-up user testing facilities and/or tool propagation.
- Proven track record of consistently producing deliverables that are well-written and contain helpful information, providing solid and actionable recommendations.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user behavior and prior experience.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker with strong people interaction and facilitation skills.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in behavioral science or closely related discipline preferred. Preferred fields include but are not limited to: Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Interface Design, or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferably in Human Factors as a Usability Analyst, Usability Support Analyst or similar role in a professional environment.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Should be self-directed with effective time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Adobe graphic design suite including Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proficiency with Sketch.
- Proficiency with InVision.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).