We are looking to fully integrate UX Research to support our growing Design Team. This person will need to work fairly autonomously, with little guidance, and will own an entire product space themselves. They will need to independently manage their cross-functional stakeholders in order to prioritize and execute on Research needs. This person will need to hit the ground running, working along side the manager and two other Researchers, as the team works to tackle a growing list of Research needs. This product area crosses both UX and Hardware design, but experience with hardware is an added bonus, not a requirement. The role will focus primarily on UX Research.
For this position, we are looking for a range from qualitative specialists to methodological generalists, with broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and an understanding of quantitative concepts. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design of the Client's Product.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics.
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Passionate about Our Client and able to speak to our technology/industry
- Experience with recruiting for technical roles preferred
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience partnering with managers, interviewers, and team members throughout the hiring process
- Technical and industry knowledge with the ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, engineering schools, conferences, and scholarship programs
- Experience with managing nuanced programs
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to travel during peak recruiting cycles
- 5 years of experience in the field
Nice to Have:
- Hardware experience
- BA/BS degree in marketing, or a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) MA / PhD preferred.
- Experience in applied product research