- Conduct research using a wide range of methods, including usability lab studies, RITE studies, interviews, field studies, literature reviews, surveys, and appropriate analysis methods.
- Lead strategic international research projects, which may require collaboration with 3rd party vendors.
- Effectively communicate research findings to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Identify new opportunities for high-impact research and execute on them.
- Advocate user-centered thinking to cross-functional teams.
Qualifications and Skills
• BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, HCI or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ years of experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Experience conducting international research (China, specifically, is a plus) and/or managing 3rd party international research agencies
• Experience with regulated medical product development (familiarity with IRB approvals)
• Ability to scope and structure complex research projects involving multiple cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
• Experience in survey design (ie: Qualtrics). Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design