Our client was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career here offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for their 2 billion+ users.
Work ranges from formative to evaluative. For this position, they are looking for a mixed methods or qualitative researcher to work on several projects in their Seattle office. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design.
- Work closely with product teams and other researchers to identify research topics
- Design studies that seek to understand both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a variety of methods
- Work cross-functionally with design, analytics, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Ability to carry out research projects from start to finish
- Ability to determine which research methods to use to answer a particular research question
- Experience with putting together crisp and clear research reports
- Experience with two or more of the following methods: interviews, usability studies, focus groups, intercepts, iterative design testing, in-home visits, field work, survey design, survey analysis, content analysis, statistical analysis, other other HCI- or social science-based method
- BA/BS degree in marketing, or a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- MA / PhD preferred
- Experience in applied product research preferred
- Prefer a mixed methods researcher but open to a qualitative or quantitative only researcher