You could say this role is fast-paced and fashionable! That’s because you will be working as a UX Researcher with one of the nation's leading fashion retailers.
This brand is seeking an energetic team player who is both innovative and results driven.
You will be responsible for Customer/User Research and accountable for the day to day running of their in-house UX Laboratory. You will be conducting face to face and online customer research based on the priorities from the brand and central ops teams.
The Nitty Gritty
As the UX Researcher for this uber trendy company you be responsible for running the UX laboratory on a day to day basis working alongside the brand to support prioritisation of issues for research. This will include.
- Conducting independent research on multiple aspects of experiences and website components
- Collecting and analysing user behaviour through laboratory studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Working with Designers, Product Managers and brands to prioritise research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding and incorporating complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocating research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations.
- Understanding users & stakeholders needs, communicating and validating that understanding, then improving it systematically.
- Leading the creation and maintenance of user-research documentation (eg. ux-plans, test plans etc.)
- Shaping how the design team completes it’s user research including
- Designing and Conducting a user research plan
- Helping the design team to create personas, scenarios, user journeys, story maps, paper prototypes, user flows etc.
- Designing and conducting baseline usability tests
- Designing and conducting in-production feedback acquisition/analysis plan
Your Journey So Far
It’s the who’s, what’s, why’s, and when’s that get you out of bed in the morning. You’ve been around the block when it comes to designing first class customer experiences and you love deep diving in to psyche of the consumer. You’re and effective communicator who can engage with stakeholders at all levels and thrives in a collaborative working environment. Additionally you will have the following:
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com).
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience in survey design (ie: Qualtrics). Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Practical experience in researching within a laboratory environment running large programmes from concept through to the delivery of research?
- Experience with website search, advertising, and curation.
If this sounds like you hit that apply button now!