As a UX Researcher, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. You will play a pivotal role in consumer electronics product development life cycle. You will partner with the PM leads to create and run an end to end user experience plan consisting of: surveys, 1:1 interviews and large focus groups / roundtables - owning the creation of materials, as well as the analysis and reporting (both quantitative and qualitative). You’ll present your findings to the Product Leads to influence the design of the product / experience.
As a Researcher, the expectation is that you will support your findings with strong verbal and written communications to develop surveys and studies that lead to detailed analysis of the product - helping to shape future iterations.
Top 3 daily responsibilities:
- User research preparation activities (ex. recruiting participants, lab setup, study planning, etc.)
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Analyzing data from mixed method research studies
- Become a product expert on our product and its release cycles
- Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies.
- Creating highlight videos/screenshots.
- Analyzing and interpreting both qualitative and quantitative data.
- B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Anthropology or other field emphasizing human behavior.
- 3-5 years of work experience in an applied research setting,
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different quantitative and statistical methods as well as qualitative and experimental research methods, including when and how to apply them during each part of the product development phase.
- Deep interest and aptitude in product development
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects. Can work independently, prioritizing time between multiple projects and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Experience converting research findings into actionable insights for product design.
- Technical experience (e.g., ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms and vice versa, able to troubleshoot an issue with little guidance and direction)
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and superior analytical skills
- Excellent observational, interpersonal, oral and written communication, and collaboration skills. -
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups
- Some travel is required
Nice to have:
- Previous hardware and/ or wearables experience preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of statistics (SQL, SPSS or other statistical packages).
- Technical aptitude with basic graphic and video editing tools.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs