The mission is to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. We believe we can improve the world by helping people feel closer to one another. Our lives are based on the relationships we form with everyone from our best friends to the brands we love. By strengthening these relationships, we enrich peoples' lives. Today, visual communication is the most efficient way to bring people closer together. By building products that help you share your experiences visually, this social media platform breaks barriers of distance and time and makes the world feel like a smaller, more welcoming place.
The Well-being teams support this mission by reducing the effects of negative experiences and promoting positive experiences for users. We are looking for a qualitative or mixed-methods researcher who can build empathy and understanding through their research to inform product decisions. Researchers build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams, working closely with data science, product marketing, policy, CO, design, and engineering. Experience working with sensitive or special populations is a plus. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about fostering safe, trustworthy, and meaningful social ecosystems, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a variety of qualitative methods (including interviews and usability testing), and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering, data science and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- BA/BS degree in marketing, or a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
- MA / PhD preferred.
- Experience in applied product research