In this assignment as a User Experience (UX) Researcher at Aquent's client, you collaborate with Marketing, Product, Creative and Engineering teams to help create compelling, efficient and accessible brand and web experiences and measure their performance.
As a User Experience Researcher, you will assume the role of subject matter expert for the creation of high quality, world class web experiences, branding, and content for desktop and mobile devices; using your experience in user research and insights to inform medium to large tasks and projects (e.g., high profile product launches, high impact multi-language marketing campaigns). With a constant focus on user needs and brand excellence, you will support team members with defining goals and requirements with stakeholders from marketing and product areas, support content creation, provide guidance on site structures, navigation systems, and test website projects at different stages of concept and creation during project cycles – wireframes, design mocks, interactive prototypes and existing websites. You will provide UX consultancy as needed to designers and developers within the team for website projects. You will also facilitate user testing and analyze user data in order to validate hypotheses, communicate research findings to the Marketing teams and suggest appropriate testing methods where necessary. Ultimately you will deliver research findings reports of key learnings and insights to guide the product development team and generate internal buy-in.
You won’t have to be told to dive deep into projects to identify research needs and perform independent research to present back to the team to inform on site performance, giving actionable recommendations on improvements to the user experience.
Please be prepared to present strong evidence of previous usability research work.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Prioritize research initiatives based on feasibility, applicability of results, and ability to incorporate recommendations (technically, practically, and politically)
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users interact with and experience client properties
- Work independently to prepare, manage, and execute UX research projects
- Collect and analyze user behavior through server logs, online experiments (A/B/n, multivariate testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys (both quantitative and
- Adapt and improve UX research methods to produce useful findings
- Present findings in meetings, as well as in written reports
- Develop cohesive research strategies and POVs to guide and inform other areas within the group
- Collaborate with decision-makers to ensure research is well communicated and useful
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Maintaining documentation for all research related to specific projects
- 6 years working as an User Experience Researcher or Information Architect
- Background in UX, User Experience Research, and site-side analytics
- Strong experience in several user research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative)
- Consistency attention to detail
- Leadership, collaboration, communication and organizational skills
- Relevant industry experience
- Ability to present to a variety of audiences, including senior leadership, using communication styles suitable for the audience
- Experience advising on brand strategy and brand identity
- Experience in Content Strategy
- Experience with mobile experience design and interaction, including responsive design