We are looking for a User Experience Researcher (UXR) to support UX Research work on a games-related project. The UXR will work closely with other researchers, gaining insights from a variety of people who play digital games.
Own individual research projects, including designing, setting up, analyzing, and presenting scaled in-person studies and playtests.
Support ongoing UX research work - by running or moderating large-scale lab studies, analyzing data, organizing research session logistics, writing detailed reports.
Collect and analyze user behavior through benchmark studies, lab studies, interviews, home visits and/or surveys.
Work with other researchers, designers, product managers, engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
Help collect and organize materials needed for studies; take notes during sessions.
Collect and analyze quantitative data.
Working with stakeholders
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-3 years of experience conducting larger-scale (N=30+) lab research; industry experience preferred. Examples include: Large-scale benchmarks, playtests, journey tests, large scale psychology research
- Strong stats skills, including both selecting the appropriate tests to use to answer a scientific question and independently cleaning, transforming, and analyzing data using R.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Experience working with other researchers on qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
Nice to Have Skills:
- At least one year experience conducting research on consumer-facing experiences.
- Must have experience working on video game experiences, or must be an avid gamer.
- Qualitative research skills (e.g., usability, ethnography)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs