In this assignment with Aquent's client, you will:
- conduct interview, usability, experimental, and survey studies, and carry out qualitative and statistical analyses
- work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods.
- Excellent working knowledge of qualitative and experimental research methods and of qualitative and quantitative analysis methods.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Conduct independent, primary research regarding multiple research questions relevant to Material Design to deliver actionable insights
- Conduct secondary research to generate an understanding of the competitive landscape of design tools and systems
- Work with Material Design designers, engineers and product managers to identify key questions, plan studies, and communicate results Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Education: BA/BSc in Computer Science with a focus on Human Computer Interaction and/or Design/ OR MS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- 2 years of experience in integrating user research into product design and design practices.
- Experience collaborating with designers, product managers and engineers
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Experience designing and running surveys
- Experience running experiments on crowd platforms (e.g., Amazon Mechanical Turk)
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R), and in SQL.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.