Our client is seeking an mid- to senior-level User Experience Researcher to join their team in Downtown Seattle for a 1-month contract (potentially longer). As a User Researcher, you will use your analytical skills to plan and conduct evaluative research (card sorting, tree testing, usability, heuristics, personas) and support user centered design research efforts (contextual inquiry, ethnography and data mining).
• Redesign project for flagship product
• Work with product owners to determine research needs and prioritize those needs to align with business goals and objectives.
• Use your knowledge of research methodologies, human factors, and user centered design for how to improve the usability of business applications.
• Proven ability to collaborate and work with designers, developers, product managers to formulate and address research questions
• Work with UX team to establish methodologies and best practices
• 5+ years of relevant experience working as a researcher within a UX team
• Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Must be self-directed and proactive, ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
• Strong communicator, who can comfortably present their research to team members and senior leaders
• Working knowledge around SEO