Aquent is seeking an experienced User Experience Researcher to conduct generative, iterative, and evaluative customer research in the complex product domain of our large tech client. You will work closely with UX Design, Research and Project Management to understand the specialized needs of the IT Professional audience, and evaluate how the product designs are meeting them.
The ideal candidate will already have experience conducting research in a complex technology domain. They would also be comfortable with working on an agile team, where feedback needs to be collected, analyzed, and reported on quickly and frequently. The ideal candidate would also have rigorous research and analysis skills to provide statistically significant findings when needed. The intended end result is a solid basis of user research to assist in product design.
• Drive user research activities to inform product design, including but not limited to: lab usability studies, customer interviews, surveys, scorecard studies, etc.
• Deliver actionable research findings to your counterparts on time and with quality
• Communicate, defend, and build consensus around your research and how it informs design
• Understand how our current and future releases are shaped by complex cloud computing infrastructures and enterprise business requirements
• Document and present recommendations based on research and analysis
• Work with the supervising Usability Engineer or Manager in identifying and addressing critical usability issues.
• 3+ years of industry experience conducting user research and effectively partnering with development teams to improve the user experience based on research results.
• High Level of experience using varied user research techniques at various stages of the development process (e.g., lab usability studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, field research/ethnographic techniques).
o Creating usability test plans and running large and small tests
o Accurate measurement and precise reporting of usability data
• Excellent collaborations skills, and experience teaming with designers to help prepare designs for testing. As well as turning usability findings into actionable recommendations with the help of designs, post-study.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze research data, create results presentations, and deliver them to design and product teams.
• Ability to condense complex ideas into succinct thoughts and impactful storytelling.
• Great statistical analysis skills, and ideally familiarity with one or more statistical packages used for analysis (SPSS, Statistica, etc). Strong skills using Excel to perform basic analyses are acceptable.
• An MA/MS or Ph.D. in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or a related field
• Ability to get up to speed with a new area quickly
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Nice Qualifications, But Not Required
• Previous Research experience with Microsoft and/or IT users, systems, and services
• Experience with remote testing methods and tools
• Experience with eye-tracking software
• Experience with OVO usability testing software
• Experience with large-scale survey tools
• Experience with Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile OS
• Experience analyzing and delivering impactful findings based on telemetry data
• Previous Microsoft work experience