In this role, you'll have the opportunity to support research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently. Also, candidates with academic research experience - preferably at the Masters or PhD level - in Psychology, HCI, or related fields are highly desired.
-Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products and experiences.
-Collect and analyze user behavior via qualitative and quantitative methods, such as benchmark studies, lab studies and surveys.
-Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
-Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, some related work experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in user research / related fields.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
Nice to Have:
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
- A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world.
This position is primarily based in Mountain View, CA. You may also work from the client's San Francisco office from time to time and you may make day trips to user study locations outside of the Bay Area. You may be asked to work from other offices, too, as needed. Most of the work will take place during regular business hours, but you will need to work on evenings from time to time. You may be asked to work on Saturdays occasionally.
The assignment is for a duration of 6 months and may be extended up to 1 year depending on performance and need.