We are looking for world-class researcher with excellent communication and people skills. As a User Researcher our virtual reality team, you must be an expert researcher with a proven track record of influencing complex and diverse products. We are looking for candidates with experience in both evaluative and generative projects – and ideally with experience in both hardware and software product development. You must be familiar with every aspect of the product development lifecycle including up-front research and discovery, definition, iteration and validation.
You must become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value. To this end, you will be required to articulate the findings from your research to design, engineering and product leadership and be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development. You must be a data expert, but also be able to be creative and develop new methodologies for emerging technologies such as VR. It's not enough to answer interesting questions about user behavior; our team focuses on impact.
- Work closely with product teams to identify and prioritize research topics
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and subset of quantitative methods (e.g. surveys) to generate actionable insights across the product development lifecycle, including up front generative research to identify new opportunities, iterative concept evaluation and post-launch testing
- Work cross functionally with Industrial and UX Design, Product Management, Analytics, Engineering and Marketing; proactively involve team in the research process
- Synthesize insights in a compelling, creative and actionable way that cuts to the chase of the underlying user issues
- Present to a variety of audiences
- Share best practices & new techniques with the broader team; collaborate with other researchers on research methods and priorities
- MA / PhD Experience in applied product research, ideally with applied experience working on hardware based products.
- Knowledge of marketing, or of human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)