The role: User Experience Research Assistant
We are seeking a proactive and passionate User Experience Research Assistant to contribute to the development of innovative, best-of-breed products. As part of the larger Apps research team, we believe in continually improving our craft and making meaningful impact for our users.
Top 3 daily Responsibilities
1. Create research plans, usability study scripts, and survey questionnaires in collaboration with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
2. Work with recruiters to recruit the right research participants and to schedule study sessions. Set up the usability lab, equipment for remote studies, and product prototypes.
3. Moderate usability studies and take notes for other moderators.
- Conduct user interviews.
- Design, run, and analyze surveys. Manipulate collected survey data in spreadsheets.
- Write literature reviews. Find, analyze, and summarize existing research reports.
- Conduct competitive analysis and heuristic analysis.
- Present research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations. This includes creating slide decks, creating graphs, and basic video editing.
- Work with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- BA degree in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, or Social Sciences.
- 0-1 year of experience in a UX Research role (if no experience they would have to be a new grad with relevant coursework)
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of excellent teamwork skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision on a variety of tasks.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to quickly changing schedules and different projects.
- Can distill actionable insights from complex research findings so that non-researchers can act on them.
Nice to have Skills:
- 2+ years experience in user research
- Previous experience as a user experience researcher in the software development environment.
- Graduate degree in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, or Social Sciences.
- Project management skills related to planning, allocating time, and communicating.
- Basic working knowledge of statistics.
- Familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools.