The UX Researcher should have a solid understanding of the user-centered design process and be equally comfortable working independently and alongside other design team members. The ideal candidate should have 2+ years of experience leading user research projects and/or services and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. As a UX Researcher on our User Experience team, you will lead research for the Client's app and their Associated apps.
You will be responsible for analyzing interfaces that redefine how retailers interact with their customers. You can work in a start-up like, agile environment collaborating with a small team of interaction designers, developers, project managers and business analysts.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
• Lead user research for prototype testing and live production testing.
• Create and facilitate user research
• Define research objectives on a per test basis
• Develop recruiting screeners and partner with recruiting agencies to fulfill test participants
• Define user tasks and scenarios for testing materials to achieve test objectives
• Work with our interaction design team to create the required testing materials, such as clickable prototypes
• Develop discussion guides for test
• Moderate one-on-one usability testing sessions
• Report and analyze test findings into a clear format and deliver to larger multi-disciplinary team
• Hire and partner third party agencies to perform user research
• Participate in brainstorming and driving new features for mobile website enhancements
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
• 10+ years of experience in UX Research
• Budgeting research efforts and estimating resource time.
• Analyzing data to arrive at meaningful findings, and the difference between data vs. insight.
• Defining the research process within cross-functional product teams.
• Qualitative user experience research methods including heuristic evaluation, usability testing, concept testing, field research, ethnography, discovery research, paper prototyping and guerilla methods.
• Testing mobile apps/ websites and understands the intricacies, challenges and best practices of conducting research on these platforms.
• Defining long-term research strategy and the thoroughness to carry it out.
• Both moderated and unmoderated research approaches
• Working in sprint cycles and releases.
• Planning, defining, developing, recruiting, moderating, analyzing, and presenting (written and oral) research
Preferred Skills/Nice to have:
• Detailed-oriented individual that can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• A strong communicator that can evangelize UX Research and get buy-in by explaining research concepts at a high-level for stakeholders and at a detailed-level for contributors.
• A relationship builder that is highly collaborative.
• Self-organized and proactive, with impeccable time management skills.
• Creative and flexible.
Technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role
4. Camtasia or Morae