The client is an online and mobile global marketplace for travelers to discover, research and book thousands of curated tours and activities. They are looking for a User Experience Researcher to join their team for 5 months for 40 hrs/wk onsite in San Francisco, CA.
UX Researcher supporting 6 designers, 2 developers, 1 senior manager, 2 product managers
Role in Scope:
The UX Researcher with collaborate with cross-functional teams and help solve the business’ most complex user problems. The role will focus on gathering user feedback across all our consumer and supplier platforms including consumer web, mobile web, native apps, and internal platforms.
You will be a strong advocate for the role of research in product development, articulating user research insights to design and product leadership. You will be introduced to new concepts on both the consumer and supplier side every week, and you must be able to help your stakeholders distill the core problem and find the best tools or methods to provide insight and inspiration to help solve their problems. You will perform the research independently, and document and share a quantitative and/or qualitative analysis of your findings.
- Collaborate with teams from product, business analysis, data analytics, sales ops, content, customer support, business development, and marketing to identify core problems
- Utilize your deep understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods (in-house user labs, guerrilla usability testing, surveys, heat maps, etc.) to identify the best tools that will bring user insight to the problem
- Recruit participants and design, moderate, synthesize, and communicate findings and recommendations
- Share findings in a clear, concise, and compelling way with stakeholders and the rest of the company
- Share weekly and monthly NPS reports with executives and the whole company
- Help create a deep understanding and empathy for our customers and suppliers across the company by consistently communicating project initiatives and findings to the rest of the company
- Derive the bigger picture from multiple concurrent efforts and prioritize research projects accordingly.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in User Experience Research
- Hands on experience running in person and remote user testing using a variety of methodologies such as in-house user labs, remote user testing, eye-tracking studies, card sorting, and coffee shop testing
- Direct experience with researching on a variety of platforms and devices (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- A good grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (can communicate complex concepts clearly)
- Previous experience with Usertesting.com, surveymonkey, Hotjar, Qualarro, Qualtrix, etc.
- Excel coding, vlookups, pivot tables, advanced
NICE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
If you're interested or know someone who is, please apply now or email me directly with your updated resume, hourly rate, and availability to interview.
**Must be willing to complete a brief questionnaire about your experience/background to be considered