Join our team of Principal/Senior UX Researchers to bring your breadth of research, training background, and knowledge of Lean UX related methodologies to drive culture change in our engineering organizations. This position will focus on training engineering teams to be more customer-focused and data-driven by teaching them how to write research questions, conduct customer interviews, and analyze their findings.
In this project, you will work closely with our multi-disciplinary team of researchers, project managers, and designers on developing training materials, conducting workshops, and executing post-training mentoring activities. The ideal candidate should have expertise in UX Research, experience in corporate training, and a desire to learn about complex technology domains.
- Apply UX Research and Lean UX methodologies to develop training lessons, labs, and materials.
- Research and apply instructional methodologies to optimize for tactical as well as behavioral and cultural changes within product teams.
- Collaborate with the project team to prepare, facilitate and conduct trainings and workshops.
- Assist in driving post-training research activities and mentoring with engineering teams.
- Design processes to train, and grow an internal community of promoters for the cultural change.
- 10+ years of industry experience conducting user research and effectively collaborating with development teams to improve user experience based on research results.
- High level of experience using a breadth of user research techniques at various stages of the development process (e.g., phone interviews, surveys, lab usability studies, field research/ethnographic techniques, telemetry).
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in corporate training applying learning philosophies and teaching methodologies to develop and execute training events and materials.
- Public speaking experience with large groups (100+) and written communication skills.
- Experience with Lean UX or similar methodologies.
- Experience in driving customer-focused initiatives.
- Excellent collaboration skills and experience working with engineering teams and senior leadership teams.
- An MA/MS or Ph.D. in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, or related field
- Ability to get up to speed with a new, highly technical area quickly.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Research experience with IT users, systems, and services
- Previous experience working at the Software Giant located in Redmond, WA
Candidates should come prepared for a portfolio presentation that represents their body of work in research and training.