One of our awesome agencies is looking for a UX designer to start immediately. It would be a long-term freelance role or temp to perm for the right person. This person would be the second person in the UX team, and they have a solid team of six. They are located in the CBD and the rate is depending on experience.
On a day to day the UX Researcher will work to answer the most challenging questions in design. In this role, you will uncover what users need from our client's products by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and working with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and others to develop new features.
With solid UX research experience, you will evaluate all the features contributing to user experience, providing expertise, collaborating internally and occasionally leading projects. You will contribute to new processes and identify product and use requirements.
- Conduct independent research on various aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyse user behavior through focus groups, field visits, surveys, server logs, and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Craft meaningful digital experiences varying from the design and build of large scale platforms to shorter cycle, highly creative campaign work across our portfolio of high profile clients
- Plan & execute various research activities throughout the project lifecycle to help ensure solutions are insight-driven and truly user-centric
- Lead the interaction design phase from the sketching of key functional concepts through to the production of rapid prototypes utilizing a lean methodology
- Collaborate in a fast paced and exciting environment with other disciplines such as designers, technical specialists, planners, project managers and business consultants
Professional Requirements & Qualifications :
- 5+ years experience as a User Experience Designer
- Demonstrated knowledge of evolving interactive platforms including e-commerce.
- A strong working knowledge of creative processes including interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development and digital marketing.
- Experience of projects with strategic, UX, technical and creative components.
- Comprehensive awareness and interest in new platforms and technologies for the digital channel (e.g. HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, touch and mobility such as iPad and Android) and related mediums
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels internal and client
- Experience of working in digital/creative agencies on large multinational corporate accounts.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Have a solutions focused approach.