This company was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career here offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for the billion+ users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. For this position, we are looking for a range from qualitative specialists to methodological generalists, with broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and an understanding of quantitative concepts. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting design.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Passionate about social media and able to speak to our technology/industry
- Experience with recruiting for technical roles preferred
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience partnering with managers, interviewers, and team members throughout the hiring process
- Technical and industry knowledge with the ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, engineering schools, conferences, and scholarship programs
- Experience with managing nuanced programs
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed Ability to travel during peak recruiting cycles
- 4yrs+ experience in ethnography, qualitative UX methods, design research, some market research (nice to have), strong UX research methods background, international research experience would be a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; relevant experience more important than degree