This company was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade, our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. This includes how people connect with businesses through a robust advertising platform. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career here offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform for our billion+ users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. For this position, we are looking for a range from qualitative specialists to methodological generalists, with broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and an understanding of quantitative concepts. This position is based in Menlo Park, CA office.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about advocating for end users, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design of our platform.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Passionate about social media and able to speak to our technology/industry
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience partnering with design, product and engineering partners
- Experience with a variety of research methods spanning generative, formative and evaluative objectives
- Comfortable designing and executing research plans independently to meet objectives of the team
- Experience in ads and ad products a plus
- MA / PhD preferred
- Experience in applied product research