Aquent is currently searching for a UX Researcher/Interactive Designer for a valued client in Hartford, CT.
The primary (but not only) project will be to support designing a reporting application and visualizations of complex data. The successful candidate will be tasked with research, design and usability testing in the creation of user-centered applications and websites. This individual will collaborate with technology, the business and execution teams to deliver effective, efficient and desirable solutions that enable to the business to meet its goals. This role is a balance between research and interaction design.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Create prototypes / mock up interaction designs, including user interaction models, wireframes and screen flows that match user expectations, technical capabilities and business goals. Direct to consumer web design experience is desired. Must be proficient in the creation of prototypes in Axure (other prototyping tool experience is acceptable, for example Balsamiq or Sketch).
- Conduct behavioral user research to help inform the design and delivery of effective user experiences.
- Create protocols and conduct usability testing to identify issues and opportunities for improvements.
- Work closely with developers, business analysts and business owners to effectively communicate user behavior research, design decisions and usability study findings.
- Be an effective and conscientious user advocate.