The role: End of Cycle User Experience Research
As a UX Researcher for this team, you'll have the opportunity to support research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. You will play a pivotal role in consumer electronics product development life cycle. You will partner with the PM leads to create and run an end to end user experience plan consisting of: surveys, 1:1 interviews and large focus groups / roundtables - owning the creation of materials, as well as the analysis and reporting (both quantitative and qualitative). You’ll present your findings to the Product Leads to influence the design of the product / experience.
As a Researcher, the expectation is that you will support your findings with strong verbal and written communications to develop surveys and studies that lead to detailed analysis of the product - helping to shape future iterations. We are looking for individuals who are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work independently.
Top 3 daily Responsibilities:
1. Become a product expert on our product and its release cycles
2. User research preparation activities (ex. recruiting participants, lab setup, study planning, etc.)
3. Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews
- Running usability testing sessions.
- Analyzing and interpreting both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies.
- Creating highlight videos/screenshots.
- B.A./B.S. or M.A./M.S. in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Anthropology or other field emphasizing human behavior
- Minimum 2 years of experience conducting quantitative studies
- 3 years of work experience in an applied research with hardware and/ or wearables
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different quantitative and statistical methods as well as qualitative and experimental research methods, including when and how to apply them during each part of the product development phase
- Deep interest and aptitude in product development
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects. Can work independently, prioritizing time between multiple projects and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Experience converting research findings into actionable insights for product design
- Technical experience (e.g., ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms and vice versa, able to troubleshoot an issue with little guidance and direction)
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and superior analytical skills
- Excellent observational, interpersonal, oral and written communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Basic working knowledge of statistics (SQL, SPSS or other statistical packages).
- Create UI interface prototypes.
- Technical aptitude with basic graphic and video editing tools.