This is a key role that will provide the research team with support and assistance with various aspects of user research, planning and execution. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, enthusiastic about user experience, have an understanding of user research methods and participant recruitment.
We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
As a UX Research Assistant, you will support other full-time UX Researchers, conduct studies and surveys, analyze real user behavior, and work with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to improve our product features and develop new ones.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
-Collaborate with a full-time UX Researcher to…
-Identify study goals, and assisting with study preparation (e.g. recruiting participants, study planning, survey coding, etc.)
-Run usability testing sessions and interviews, and taking notes
-Design and/or administer surveys and interviews
- Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies
- Creating highlight videos/screenshots
- Analyzing data in collaboration with full-time UX Researchers
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in an applied research setting (academic or professional)
- Working knowledge of experimental design and basic statistics
- Detailed-oriented, work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and variety of different projects and tasks
Must Have at least ONE of the following (more is better) in addition to the required skills:
Either a M.A./M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction or other engineering/sciences field *OR* Professional experience working on software development-related tools or other highly technical domain
Nice To Have Skills/Not Required:
1+ years of professional experience doing UX or Human Factors research