For this assignment with Aquent's client, we are looking for a Research Assistant (RA) to support UX Research work on a games-related project. The RA will work closely with other researchers, gaining insights from a variety of people who play digital games.
- Support ongoing UX research work - by running or moderating qualitative studies, analyzing data, organizing research session logistics, writing detailed reports.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through benchmark studies, lab studies, interviews, home visits and/or surveys.
- Work with other researchers, designers, product managers, engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Create participant screeners and work with our recruiting team on finding the right participants.
- Help collect and organize materials needed for studies; take notes during sessions.
- Help analyze qualitative data.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least one year experience conducting qualitative research; industry experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Must have experience working on video game experiences, or must be an avid gamer.
- Experience working with other researchers on qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
Nice to Have Skills:
- At least one year experience conducting research on consumer-facing experiences.
- Working knowledge of statistics (regressions, ANOVAs) and the principles of experiment design.
- Specialized knowledge / expertise in social psychology or online communities.