In this role, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, can work quickly, and fairly independently.
This position is primarily based at the client's office in Mountain View, CA. You may also work from the San Francisco office from time to time and you may make day trips to user study locations outside of the Bay Area. Most of the work will take place during regular business hours, but you will need to work on evenings from time to time. You may be asked to work on Saturdays occasionally. The position is a contract role for a duration of 1 year with potential for a 1 year extension depending on performance and need.
-Collect and analyze user behavior via qualitative and quantitative methods, such as benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
-Work to support researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
-Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
-Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products and experiences
- Partner with research stakeholders to align on needs and perform quick turnaround research to support their product teams
- Share research learnings with team early and often - 2 week turnaround maximum
- B.A./B.S in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 3+ years of work experience in user research / related fields.
- 2+ years running usability lab studies with end users.
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work quickly to turn around high quality research insights.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible, adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Knowledge of user experience methodologies .
Nice to Have Skills:
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
- A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs