Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Preparing user research activities (working with the recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab etc.).
2. Planning, observing and moderating usability testing sessions and interviews.
3. Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Taking notes during user study sessions.
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
- Communicating findings from the study to the research lead.
- Assistance in creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.).
- Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports.
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, some related work experience.
- 2+ Years experience as a Research Assistant
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Interest in general research and user research methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
- OK with flexible working hours (regular business hours + some evenings and weekends).