*Please submit portfolio or examples of research with resume submittal*
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of UX designers, writers, producers and researchers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that have real impact in people’s lives.
As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to lead or support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products that are targeted to the games domain. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
Experience conducting research in the advertising, games, VR/AR (Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality) domain, and/or consumer-facing experiences is a must.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Observing usability testing sessions, taking notes, and providing detailed transcripts for the team.
- Assisting with user testing preparation activities.
- Coding user research videos.
- Creating highlight videos/screenshots, and assisting with data analysis and report documentation. Assisting with data collection activities
- Lead or support ongoing UX research work - survey design and analysis, executing qualitative studies, analyzing data, organizing research session logistics, writing detailed reports, conducting heuristic evaluations.
- Understand and incorporate technical and business requirements into research.
- Analyze data and effectively communicate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- B.A./B.S./M.A/M.S./Ph.D. in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu of relevant degree, some related work experience.
- 1+ years relevant work experience
- Experience conducting research in the advertising, games, VR/AR (Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality) domain, and/or consumer-facing experiences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills -- including the ability to distill findings into concise insights and engage and excite stakeholders about research
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of multiple different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
Nice to have skills/Not Required:
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis preferred.