For 12+ months, the User Research Team at Aquent's client - a Fortune 500 multi-national tech company in New York - is seeking a user research assistant to help support and conduct usability studies, including remote unmoderated studies. This researcher will play a key role working closely with the UX designers and engineers, providing inputs and findings from the research for great user experience standards.
- Review usability sessions, create notes, report to hiring manager directly, and work with designers and PM's to share data.
- The research assistant will be responsible for supporting, and eventually leading, regular cycles of usability studies in two week increments which are required to help cross-functional teams (product management, UX, engineering and business development)
- Make decisions both on tactical user interface changes and strategic direction for new and existing products or services
- Collaborate with product teams to define and prioritize research questions
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct different types of research studies, including lab-based usability studies, field studies, and surveys.
- Ensure effective communication of research findings, including synthesizing them into workable design principles.
- Review Videos, Take Notes, Share Results
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, related field with 1+ years experience (or) MS degree or PhD in related field with no experience is acceptable
- Excellent analytical ability, especially with regard to observation of user behavior.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; can present findings concisely and effectively.
- Ability to understand user experience from a larger picture and to be able to connect it with elements that create great user experiences
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Any experience in web technology and standards, business applications, online ads, retail.
- Workflow analysis, graphical design skills. Experience with Small to Medium Business a plus.