For this assignment, you will support the research team at Aquent's client with various aspects of user research, planning and execution. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, enthusiastic about user experience, have an understanding of user research methods and participant recruitment.
We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
As a UX Research Assistant, you will support other full-time UX Researchers, conduct studies and surveys, analyze real user behavior, and work with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to improve product features and develop new ones.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
Collaborate with a full-time UX Researcher to:
- Identify study goals, and assisting with study preparation (e.g. recruiting participants, study planning, survey coding, etc.)
- Run usability testing sessions and interviews, and taking notes
- Design and/or administer surveys and interviews
- Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies
- Creating highlight videos/screenshots
- Analyzing data in collaboration with full-time UX Researchers
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in an applied research setting (academic or professional)
- Working knowledge of experimental design and statistics
- Experience working in the tech space
Nice to Have Skills:
- M.A./M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science or related field
- 1+ years of professional experience doing UX or Human Factors research
- Detailed-oriented, work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and variety of different projects and tasks
- Experience working on software development-related tools or other technical products would be ideal