For this assignment with Aquent's client, We're looking for a meticulous User Experience Researcher with excellent communication skills who can work fairly independently. The position is based in Boulder, CO, but you may be occasionally asked to conduct research in other places. Most of the work will take place during regular business hours, but you will need to work on evenings from time to time.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Create research plans, usability study scripts, and survey questionnaires in collaboration with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Work with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Work with recruiters to recruit the right research participants and to schedule study sessions. Set up the usability lab, equipment for remote studies, and product prototypes.
- Moderate usability studies and take notes for other moderators.
- Analyze notes and video recordings from usability studies in order to find actionable insights.
- Conduct user interviews.
- Design, run, and analyze surveys. Manipulate collected survey data in spreadsheets.
- Write literature reviews. Find, analyze, and summarize existing research reports.
- Conduct competitive analysis and heuristic analysis.
- Present research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations. This includes creating slide decks in Google Apps, creating graphs, and basic video editing.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- BA/BS in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, or Social Sciences.
- 2+ years experience in user research
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven record of excellent teamwork skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision on a variety of tasks.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to quickly changing schedules and different projects.
- Can distill actionable insights from complex research findings so that non-researchers can act on them.
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Previous experience as a user experience researcher in the software development environment.
- MBA/PHD in Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science, or Social Sciences.
- Project management skills related to planning, allocating time, and communicating.