Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a UX Research Assistant to work a 6 month contract with potential to extend based on project need and candidate performance onsite in Richfield, MN.
Local candidates only please.
User Experience Research
The Research Assistant role is an entry-level position that supports the Researchers with research sessions. This position will learn the discipline by observing research sessions and offering support to projects in order to grow the skill-set.
Candidates who are primarily interested in UX design or UX architecture would not be a good fit for this role.
Assist Research Projects
- Layout, type and print needed documents.
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders for weekly check-ins.
- Coordinate and assist with pilot sessions.
- Create the Datalogger which is where all session details and notes will be stored.
- Ensure all test-related tasks are not overlooked.
- Gather and organize all test collateral and test devices such as tablets, phones, and computers.
- Assist in creating research collateral including scripts, screeners, and reports.
- Gather findings from test sessions.
- Review themes of research with Researcher to define the findings for reports
- Work with Researcher to define video clip need.
- Create video clips using video editing software.
- Offer postmortem feedback.
- Meet with Researcher and Lead Researcher to discuss feedback.
- Aggregate macro findings
- Organizes and schedules on-going research projects including weekly ECC calls and Safaris
Assist Research Session Facilitation
- Set up the testing room.
- Check third party testing room availability.
- Research and schedule the best onsite test rooms.
- Enter test participants into the Client Visitor System to ensure smooth test day.
- Work with lobby security and staff to ensure visitors are escorted by our team.
- Pick up participants from the lobby and escort them to test room.
- Observe testing from an observation room and help answer questions of observers and pass information to facilitator and test participant when needed.
- Facilitate sessions when Researcher indicates in order to learn the discipline and get feedback on facilitation skills.
- Take synthesized notes which define the main findings from each participant. The notes should not be a verbatim transcript but rather, utilize research best-practices in data synthesizing to ensure quality findings.
- May facilitate research as requested.
Maintain Stakeholder, Research and Product Team Relationships
- Set up meetings for team with stakeholders.
- Ensure professional communication with stakeholders at all times (email, meetings, etc.).
- Conduct independent research on the importance of AB and analytics and how it relates to qualitative research.
- Responsible for upkeep of the team's wiki and support operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Keep the team server organized and templates updated.
- Takes tasks that the UX Research Manager delegates.
- Manage Onboard document changes and procedures.
- At least 1-2 yrs of user experience research, interview skills or design research (schooling can count toward experience)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Basic knowledge of Usability heuristics and User Research principles.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Usability testing, interviews (customer and stakeholder), surveys, contextual inquiry, rapid prototyping, heuristics, card sorting, high fidelity prototyping and other UX research methods
- Should be familiar with quantitative research methods, design research methods, A/B testing and analytics.