As a Research Assistant at this client, you'll have the opportunity to support research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
- Assistance in preparing user research activities (working with the recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab etc., finalizing study plans).
- Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Taking notes during user study sessions.
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
- Communicating findings from the study to the research lead and other stakeholders.
- Creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.).
- Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Planning, conducting and analyzing studies under direction of manager
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Advocating with product teams on behalf of user and socializing research results
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, 3 years of work experience.
- 1 - 3 years of research experience
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Interest in general research and user research methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.