We are looking for a UX Research Assistant to join our Cloud UX team in Seattle. Our team is responsible for building and designing various products and tools to support cloud-based developers.
The core responsibility of the UX Research Assistant will be to support a team of 1 senior researcher and 3 designers (working within a larger team of 80), in the area of Google Container Engine and Kubernetes. As part of the role, you will be involved with user research planning and execution, utilizing a variety of UX methodologies across a number of products. A passion for cutting edge technology is important to this role. You will be working within a team of experienced UX, Engineering, and Product professionals. You will develop and execute on detailed research plans, including usability studies, surveys, and interviews. You will analyze data and create research reports. You will support ongoing recruiting efforts for upcoming research.
- M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program
- 1-2 years of relevant work/academic experience, including experience integrating user research into design and product development lifecycle
- Must understand user experience design principles and best practices
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, with a specific understanding of iterative design and usability testing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Eager to develop professionally
- Proficiency with several user research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and strong analytical skills
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with cloud computing
- Leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills