We’re looking for a UX Research Assistant to join a UX team responsible for designing their state of the art Cloud Platform features.
The key responsibilities of the UX Research Assistant will be to support UX Research on Cloud products. You will be working in close collaboration with UX researchers and Designers of the team. Your day to day activities will include research planning, sessions, data analysis, to benefit the design and delivery of large software platforms over several release cycles. As part of the role, you will be involved with research with customers and other individuals, working alongside experienced designers, product managers, engineers, and other user researchers.
Top 3 daily responsibilities:
1. Work closely with research, design and product management to understand needs for research and develop detailed research plans
2. Execute usability studies either in UX labs or remotely, analyze data and create reports.
3. Assist with user testing preparation activities
- Design and conduct in lab user research studies (iterative and usability)
- Perform usability inspections (heuristic evaluations or cognitive walkthroughs)
- Administer questionnaires, surveys, and interviews
- Analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data
- Create findings and recommendation reports from user studies
- Create highlight videos/screenshots
- M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into design and product development lifecycle
- Previous Experience in lab studies and interviews
- Must understand user experience design principles and best practices
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, with a specific understanding of iterative design and usability testing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- Eager to develop professionally.
Nice to Have:
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the API and developer space
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Android OS and programming languages is a plus
- Previous work creating screeners and research plans for external recruiters is a plus
- Proficiency with several user research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and strong - analytic skills
- Knowledge in interface design and ability to collaborate with different stakeholder teams such as Eng and PM
- Leadership, communication and organizational skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs